To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Happy 1st Birthday Adelyn!
Well, I'm about 10 minutes into my own birthday (which means I should be in bed b/c it's about 12:15 am), but I couldn't go to bed without wishing my baby girl a happy first birthday even if I'm slightly too late. We spent the day cleaning of course, and going to Walmart, but then we took the girls to DQ for some ice cream. I remember when we took Rilyn and she wasn't so interested in it, but Adelyn loves ice cream! Today (Saturday) we'll have her birthday party and Sunday will have to be a day of relaxation. :) Adelyn has been such a blessing to us and she's so fun these days. She still only has her top two teeth, but her smiles are killer. She's not quite walking, but shuffling around furniture. Rilyn didn't walk until about 13 months so we'll see what Adelyn does. Watching the two girls together is so much fun-Rilyn loves her sister and Adelyn loves Rilyn! I cannot believe a year has gone by already and it only shows how fast the next years will fly. I know we are blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love that last picture of the girls! HaPpY BiRtHdAy AdElYn!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd HaPpY BiRtHdAy JeSsIe!!
Happy Birthday to Jessie and Adelyn!!
ReplyDeleteYour girls are precious and I love Adelyn's wide mouthed smile! She just beams out of the computer :)
ReplyDelete