Monday, May 23, 2011

Rilyn's Dance Recital

Well, we finally had our long awaited, busy weekend of dance recitals! It started with Rilyn's rehearsal Thursday night, then Rilyn's recital both Friday and Saturday and then to Columbus for my niece's recital, Jacee.  Unfortunately, I'm a bad aunt and I forgot my camera to take her picture! But I can tell you she was definitely a cutie in her little costume and dances!

Rilyn this year opted to do ballet in light of the fact that last summer, when it was time to choose, she was a fan of Angelina Ballerina cartoons.  So ballet was the dance of choice. She could have done clogging or poms as well.  We'll see if/what she wants to do after summer break.

Rilyn's recital was at the Milford HS and there was quite a full house both nights.  It wasn't until the second night that we actually got a wave from her from the stage! ha! Otherwise, she danced well and remembered the two things I told her: Smile and Watch your Teacher!  Below are her adorable pictures. :) Oh-and by the way, we actually were able to get her hair up in a bun!








 Above is Rilyn's teacher Kaylee
On a sad note, Friday was also the last day of daycare with our very loved daycare gal, Tara. Rilyn and Rylie (on the right) have been buddies for a long time now. Rilyn has been going to Tara's since she was a baby so to say "good-bye" was very sad. Sean, Tara's husband earned the opportunity to serve as principal at his current school, East Butler, but it requires them to be closer, so they will be moving about 20 minutes away, closer to Brainard.  We hope to stay in touch...after all, Tara makes great cakes, so I figured I'm still going to recruit her for birthday cakes! Joking aside, I do truly hope we stay in touch because they will be very missed!

2 comments: