Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Part 2: Easter Day!

This fine Easter morning started out with a very excited 4 year old who hurried to check out her Easter basket from the Easter bunny, and a very upset 10 month old who was discovered trying the fine taste of chocolate only to have it taken away.  As we were getting ready for church I had set Adelyn in her room which is usually a fine place to let her crawl around for a minute if I need to step out. However, I had forgotten in my hastiness to get everyone ready that we had plopped Rilyn's Easter goodies from Grand Island in her room on the floor.  I stepped out for a minute and then had the revelation that Adelyn was likely discovering said goodies and so I raced back to her room. Of course I caught her red (I should say chocolate) handed and quickly did the finger sweep of the mouth. This is what followed:




After the tears stopped, we took Adelyn out to check out her Easter basket...apparently she was still disappointed she was receiving no chocolate...until she discovered her new baby. :)




Finally....dressed! The girls in their Easter dresses.  We were off to church (early, actually) and then after church, I had Wes and Suzie, Tanya, Brian and Jacee over for Easter dinner.


Adelyn's First Easter!
After lunch, of course it was time for the Easter egg hunt.  The best part (after the girls had their own hunt) was when Rilyn and Jacee then wanted to hide the eggs for the guys. Tanya and I of course helped. :)

Nothing like finding a good hiding place on a propane tank! :)
 The orange egg on the truck's bumper alluded both Jacee and Rilyn...Jacee eventually discovered it after playing "you're hot" and "you're cold".


 The race is on!


 I had to get a chair to hide the yellow egg on top of the street sign. Jake jumped up with ease.

 Jacee was trying to block grandpa so that her daddy had a chance at the eggs!

 All three guys on the hunt...probably not the kind of hunt they'd prefer...
 I love Jake and Brian's face in this picture above.
Brian had discovered that the girls missed a "money" egg. :) 

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment