Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

Here is what I'm most thankful for...two wonderful daughters (one of which doesn't like to sleep and another who likes to ask "why" to everything)! I'm so deeply moved and grateful that God entrusted Jake and I with these two unique, amazing little girls.

Adelyn is such a treat these days. Aside from the fact that she wakes up almost every hour of the night (we're beginning the attempt at "crying it out"), she's such a happy baby and her smiles will make you melt! She's really becoming a chatterbox which is adorable, and I just can't believe she's going to be 6 months old already on Friday!

Rilyn also is becoming such a big girl these days. She even looks older since Adelyn was born.  She melted my heart this morning when I told her I was sorry for bumping into her and she says, "I forgive you" (which we've been working on).  She's loving preschool and I'm just in awe at the things she is picking up, learning, remembering. I know I'm biased, but she's one smart cookie! She loves her sister and it's the sweetest thing to hear her talk to her. I'm cherishing it now because I know that won't always be the case in the future! I can't imagine my life without them!
I'm also incredibly thankful for my wonderful husband who also happens to be an amazing father, my parents and in-laws who each are so giving and helpful, family, friends, my job, my coworkers, a car to drive to work, a mortgage to pay (because it means I have a home), two noisy but loving dogs, and all things God blesses me with daily.

It's so easy to forget all we have when things seem to be a struggle or when things don't go our way (as they are these days with the economy, jobs, the housing market, financial struggles, wanting more or something different, not being content with that we have-I know I'm guilty of this, etc). But God's plan for us is bigger and He knows what we need and always provides!

"Lord, enable us to live with thankful hearts at every moment; mindful of our blessings, big and small. May we never take for granted Your abundant gifts of goodness but continually be grateful for them all."
(B.J. Hoff)

"Pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus".

1 Thessalonians 5: 17, 18

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment