The summer is definitely going fast. Jake and I just got back from a trip over the 4th of July with 13 other people-we went north to Valentine, NE and went tubing down the Niobrara. Unfortunately I won't have any digital pics as I took a cheap waterproof camera (I'm not very confident in those photos turning out so I didn't even get a CD ordered with them). It was good times-we had some good "adult" fun (that is, there was some beer drinking around the campfire that took place and we stayed up past 9:00 pm listening to loud music!). This also meant it was my first weekend away from Rilyn-ever...kinda pathetic, I know. I think we both (Rilyn and I, that is) handled it pretty well. She stayed with my parents and they said she was "a delight to have". So that was good to hear. Again, I think everyone involved had fun.
Rilyn has had fun this summer with more swimming. Here are some pictures from the little pool at home with cousin Jacee from back in June (I think it was June). My sister-in-law, Tanya, and I have even thrown caution into the wind and have put on bathing suits ourselves and have taken our girls to the Seward pool. We're living life on the edge. Ha Ha! For those of you who really know me-you know how much I hate wearing a swimming suit so going out in public is a big step for me! :)







Ok, back to Rilyn...she is growing by leaps and bounds. She's talking more, her memory just amazes Jake and I, she can run like the dickens, she gives the best bear hugs, and she is just so fun to be around. Apparently Aunt Jen has taught her to say "Hot Mamma" and "Big Daddy" while we were gone (they were in GI too over the 4th). Our latest "phase" has been that she all of a sudden became scared to take baths. She would just freak out when we put her in. The only thing we can determine is that when she pooped in the bathtub a couple of weeks ago (she's done it before, but I think now she's getting old enough to remember), she's scared of "poopy wah-wah". But last night I may have broken the phase-the only way I could get her in was by taking a bath her. I slowly got out and she then continued to play and didn't want to get out. Hopefully I haven't created a bad habit! Ha ha!
Some of you may be wondering if we have any updates regarding the sale of our home, so here it is: It hasn't sold yet. Big news, huh? We're still trying to patiently wait for our house to sell. We may lose the 2nd house we've wanted in Goehner. Apparently our realtor is getting more interest in it (she owns it and has redone it all and it's now starting to turn heads) even though it isn't on the market yet. She has someone coming to look at it from out of state next week. I had grown quite attached to that house, so it's dissappointing. I just keep telling myself that things will work out as they should and I need to have a little more faith in things. If the Goehner house sells we don't know if we'll just take ours off the market or if we'll keep looking to see what else strikes us. Maybe we'll find a house in Seward yet. Time will tell...I'll keep everyone posted.
Well, that's probably about it for now. I hope everyone is doing well! LOL, Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment