Monday, July 14, 2008

4th of July



I finally remembered to bring my camera with me to work to download some new pictures. These are from the 4th of July, or I should say the 3rd of July. We went over to our neighbor's for a cook-out and then came back to our house to do a few fireworks. I was probably the most excited to do fireworks since Jake didn't really grow up interested in them and Rilyn was getting pretty tired by this point. I always remember at our house on Greenwich we would have everyone over to the house and we would have a fish fry from all the fish my dad caught throughout the year. We would light off fireworks first, and then we'd all sit out in lawn chairs (all of us kids would sit on the top of my dad's truck) and watch the fireworks that are lit annually down at Fonner Park-I personally think these are much better than Seward's, but then again, it's been awhile! So I always did enjoy the 4th of July, and I hope that Rilyn can do so as well as she grows up.
Jake lighting the ever exciting charcoal-like snakes.
Rilyn tried like the dickens to get the snappers to go off, but she couldn't throw them with enough force. She was able to step on a few, but her coordination to aim her foot is still not the best. I had hoped those wouldl have been more fun for her, but again, she was pretty darn tired.
She did like the sparklers though. I was very careful in making sure I had a firm grip and holding them away. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! So glad you started the blog again so I can keep up with Rilyn's growing.

    Rae

    ReplyDelete