Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Our first trip to the ER

Well, this weekend was spent not doing the things I had hoped to get done. Instead, it was spent taking care of two sick, little ones, more so of a very little one. Friday night we ended up taking Adelyn into the ER.  After I came home from work until about 8:30 she had gotten progressively noiser in her breathing, wheezy/raspy, her dry cough caused her to cry, etc.  It just didn't sound like a normal cold, especially with how fast it came on. So I called the nurses' station and after a few questions, they suggested I bring her in.  Turns out she had a mild case of the croup.  I took her in for a follow up appointment yesterday and thankfully it hasn't progressed into anything else yet.  So hopefully we're just dealing with a cold now.  But it absolutely brekas our hearts b/c when she cries, it's almost a muted, raspy cry and it's so pathetic! I've spent the last three nights in the recliner sleeping with her too. As a mother, as much as you miss your own bed, there's a part of you that wouldn't be anywhere else than in that chair with your baby. Rilyn also has been sick with a cold all week with a nasty cough. I'm ready for my girls to be better! Tis the season!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope Adelyn gets better soon! We will keep both of the girls in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that. I hope both the girls get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck! I hope both girls are better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! So glad things seem to be getting better!! Love from Missouri!
    The Dolak's

    ReplyDelete