Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Testing, testing, one, two, three...

Ok, so I've not posted in FOREVER so I'm guessing no one ever looks at this anymore (consider this a test to see who still checks in out of habit). I've put it off b/c I wanted to get pictures posted of our vacation, but time has just not allowed for it. We've been swamped at work with school starting in addition to getting my class I'm teaching prepped. So my blog has definitely been on the back burner. I still wish I had pictures to post right now, but I'm a slacker, so I don't. But a recap of our summer:

Jake and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary so Jake, Rilyn and I went on a 2000 mile roadtrip (very ambitious w/a 2 1/2 year old!) and drove through the night to WY. We spent a few days in the Tetons/Yellowstone area, then through Billings, MT to see my aunt and uncle and cousins, and Jake's cousin, Jeff. Then we went on over and down through Rapid City, SD to do more family fun activities. Rilyn overall had fun and quite the roadtrip trooper. She did throw up twice in the mountains, likely due to altitude sickness (thank goodness for potty chairs that have a removable bowl!), but she loved camping (especially her sleeping bag) and it was nice to have a solid 11 days away from home. We were glad to get back though.

July of course flew by, and with the end of July came another mini-vacation to the Niobrara (just Jake and I) with a bunch of friends. That was a blast again as it was last year. Then August hit, and it's now September today! I'm teaching First Year Seminar to freshman again this year and so far, things have gone well. I think I have a good group of students. I'm sure it will fly by. Rilyn will be 3 next month which is just crazy! She's looking forward to having a "horsey" birthday party...that's right-horses, not princesses, but horses. She loves them!

There's not much else that's new these days...we did finally finish our basement (with the exception of a few odds and ends) before vacation which was a great feeling (more pictures that I had intended to post, but haven't)...Hopefully one of these days I'll get pictures posted, and maybe it'll just have to be only a picture post (because come on, that's what we really love about looking at each other's blogs-the pictures!), but I'm hoping I still have some visitors to the blog...

6 comments:

  1. Hey Jessie--sounds like you had a fun and busy summer. Just wanted you to know I do still check your blog...you're on my list of ones I keep track of...so I'm glad to hear from you and will look forward to pictures if and when you get a moment =)! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still check your blog too!! It was great seeing you and Rilyn last night! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still a follower!
    Great to see you last night! You look great! Can't wait to all get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I still check your blog! Welcome back to the blogging world. Looking forward to seeing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still read your blog. I have you on my Google Reader so I know when you post something. I have some loooooong breaks on my blogging, too. :)

    ReplyDelete