Ok, so I haven't updated the blog in a long time but in my defense, as barbarian as it sounds, I don't have internet at home. So I wasn't online at all the whole Christmas break. I also have no pictures to share yet as I can't remember to bring my camera to work with me so far. But here's a quick recap of our break:
Rilyn and I got sick on Christmas Eve-I threw up once, and then she woke up at 2:30 am throwing up-we slept on the coach. Poor kid. The next day was a bit better, still under the weather, but in good spirits. We opened presents at home first, then off to Grand Island for Christmas with my folks and sister and fam. Then back for the Luebbe reunion on Friday, then Christmas with Jake's immediate family on Saturday, then on to Columbus Sunday for Jake's grandmother's Christmas. The good part about being under the weather is I didn't eat much during Christmas....however....that soon changed the last week of break-I was shoveling it in! Ha ha! Otherwise, we had a good Christmas. Rilyn still wasn't sure of Santa's lap, but she enjoyed talking about him.
Rilyn also will sing a bit of Away in a Manger and Jingle Bells. I'm guessing it's becuase those two tracks are the only two songs she wants to listen to on the children's Christmas CD I bought. Over and over and over and over....but it is pretty darn cute to hear her sing:
"Dingle bells, dingle bells, dingle all the way, oh wha fun it is to ride, hey!" She kind of leaves out the part about the one horse sleigh.
She talked a lot about "where baby Jesus? where Mary? Where Doseph?"
I think we are also on Curious George overload after break now.
For New Year's Eve Jake and I went to Wilderness Ridge in Lincoln for a drink and appetizers (mostly to check it out as everyone said it was pretty cool-which it was), and then to Outback for the rest of our dinner and drinks. New Year's Eve is usually the one night Jake and I go out together and kind of splurge on dinner and drinks. It's fun.
We also started working on our basement after the 1st of the year, so Jake and I are excited to see that get done. Wiring is all done and Jake is on the insulation now. It's fun seeing it take some form!
I think for now, that's about it. I'm sure this is boring enough without pictures. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's!
Hi Jess! I have not talked to you in so long! I'm glad you guys are feeling better and that you had a great Christmas.
ReplyDelete