Monday, August 25, 2008

New beginnings and new memories

We've now spent two nights in our new house, but first, I must pay a little tribute to our summer daycare gal, Jenny DiGiorgio-she was incredibly wonderful with Rilyn and she will be dearly missed! We wish her the best of luck as she goes into her semester of student teaching (she's early childhood)! We love you Jenny!
After all of the packing we've gotten everything over to the new house (I'll post pictures of it once I get a bit more settled and it doesn't look like a tornado went through it), including Rilyn! Bless Jake and Wes's hearts-they moved pretty much all the big furniture by themselves over to the house on Friday, and then we were able to get everything else unloaded Saturday. So I've had a bit of time to start unpacking-of course Rilyn's room and the kitchen were priorities. Rilyn slept well in her new room...we weren't sure how she'd manage, but she transitions to new things pretty well overall. She probably slept better than we did the first night! Last night was a bit better, but it was still an early morning! I've decided that the most inconvenient part so far of living in Goehner is the situation with the dogs-we have new sod and no fence yet so we can't really let the dogs out on the yard-we actually have to walk them-and with three boxers it can be challenge!
These are just a couple of pictures of Rilyn and Jacee from this weekend-they found a couple of Jake's hats!
Though there is still much to be done at the new house, I have to say the drive is much more peaceful with a view! I'm not sure what kind of birds these are, and they are likely just migrating through the area, but they are still very neat to see. I took some pictures last night, and then this morning during sunrise. The ones from this morning I believe are some kind of crane.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - it looks beautiful! Can't wait to see the house. It takes a while to get settled in, I know. Congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete