Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ultrasound (this one's for you, Kati!)

I see Kati made a post asking about the ultrasound and I suppose I should post something then! :) I wasn't putting it off, but I figured I'd post several including pictures from Christmas, but, since I don't have a clue as to how to scan ultrasound pictures, this will just be informative.

I had my ultrasound last Thursday and the tech clocked me at 17 weeks, 3 days, so still a bit early. This was only a few days off from what I thought though. So if I'm counting right, this would put my due date more around June 8th (versus the 6th like I thought). Everything looked healthy, but she (I call her "she" b/c I think it's another girl) was in breech position so it was difficult (and early according to the tech) to determine the sex. However, she said if she had to GUESS, she would guess.....(drumroll).....a girl! She said the one thing that makes her guess this is the three little white dots/lines (which were very distinctive with Rilyn). However, she was very adamant that it was just a guess so don't hold her to it. So, while it's technically still undetermined, I'm still swaying towards it being another girl.

The tech did think that I may end up having another US b/c she couldn't get a very clear shot of three vessel cord (umbillical cord) or the kidneys due to the baby's age. She said the radiologist really likes to see those things so she had a feeling the radiologist would recommend another. So we'll see...we may have another scan and hopefully if we do, we'll be able to tell for sure. So don't necessarily assume pink just yet! :)

I'm also now to the stage that I'm really feeling the baby move. I think I've felt it for a few weeks now, but this week, I'm definitely feeling the little kicks! I think it's such a cool feeling. :)

3 comments:

  1. So Baby #2 might be a girl? Isn't that what you have been thinking all along? How fun! Let us know if they do another ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exciting Jess!
    Having two girls is a lot of fun! They will be good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post! I'm glad your feeling good and that they "think" it's another girl! That will be fun for Rilyn! Lots of love you guys!

    ReplyDelete